on air now
NOW PLAYING
The Drive With Roland Gaspar
up next
Up Next
Kea Zawadi
on air now
NOW PLAYING
The Drive With Roland Gaspar
up next
Up Next
Kea Zawadi
 

Protest after discovery of decomposed bodies of two young women in East London


 June 2 (ANA) – Mdantsane residents in East London protested and blocked a road near NU 6 on Friday, near to the area where the decomposing bodies of two young women were discovered in a bush earlier this week.

The circumstances surrounding their deaths are still unknown and police have yet to identify the bodies.

Members of the police’s K9 unit made the discovery during an unrelated case while searching for a man who allegedly tried to attack a schoolgirl in the area.

Police spokesperson, Captain Mluleki Mbi, said that no arrests had been made.

Mbi said that protesters blocked a road and that it was related to the discovery of the two decomposed bodies.

Police were monitoring the situation.

– African News Agency (ANA)